Sunday, October 07, 2007

2007 Chicago Marathon a Blast

Well, even though I didn't get to run, I went to spectate my buddy's first attempt. It was the hottest marathon on record for the Chicago Marathon (85+ degrees). They closed the course early and ran out of supplies too. Tons of people were sent to the ER and I believe their is already one confirmed death (my thoughts are with those people).

Anyways, back to the fun stuff. I made it for the start just 20 yards from the start line. Then I met up with a friend and headed to North avenue to watch just after mile 10. Then down to China Town (around mile 20). It was so fun and everyone spectating was positive and having a good time. That's a great distraction given that I was at Wrigley just 12 hours earlier and had tickets to the game that didn't happen today.


So, Perhaps next year will be my year to make the run and the year the Cubs do it all! (Probably neither will happen).
Good news is that my buddy finished around 4hrs 50min. We found him about an hour later. He's doing well and I'm heading over to his place for Lou Malnati's pizza, Guinness and Bears! GO BEARS!